Proven in Practice - Ventura Attorney Matthew Bromund
Since entering private practice, Matthew Bromund has:
- Recovered a child for a mother who had been separated from her for over a year (Family Law).
- Regained visitation for a father living in transitional housing after no visitation for more than 18 months (Family Law).
- Won visas for two children separated from their mother, an asylee, for more than seven years (Immigration Law).
- Won Dismissal of charges against three men accused of committing domestic violence (Criminal Defense).
- Earned Lawful Permanent Resident Status (Green Cards) for ten families from Canada, Thailand, Mexico, and Georgia (Immigration Law).
- Secured a life long lease for a man wrongfully denied his rights to remain in his home (General litigation).
- Retained a woman’s right to choose her own time and place of death, over the objections of those who would take away her autonomy (Elder Law).
- Recovered over $50,000 in damages in a personal injury case, without resort to trial (Personal Injury).
- Won Dismissal of charges of Assault with a Deadly Weapon against a Man after the Superior Court Judge bound the case over for trial. (Criminal Defense).
- Secured a Lawful Permanent Resident Card for an Australian whose Divorce from his US Citizen Wife had him believing he was going to be deported. (Immigration Law).
- Settled a case against a client with $50,000 in credit card debt for $8,000. (Consumer Law).
- Won Dismissal of charges of Terrorist Threats and Felony Damage to Property for a Man involved in a bitter dispute with the mother of his child. (Criminal Defense).
- Won Primary custody for a Father of his 3 year-old child through negotiation with the mother. (Family Law)
- Won Dismissal of charges of causing corporal (bodily) injury to a spouse after the Public Defender urged client to plead guilty; saving client $1500 in fines, 52 weeks of domestic violence classes, and a record as a batterer. (Criminal Defense).
- Won Relief from Removal for a Husband who has been a lawful resident of the United States for more than 15 years after the US Government treated a minor criminal offense as an aggravated felony; saving client separation from his wife and family and permanent bar from reentry into the United States (Immigration Law).
- Relief from Removal for a Father who has been a lawful resident of the United States for more than 20 years by showing the Court that an offense in his youth, expunged by California law and more than 2 decades in the past, should not be used to remove him from the United States (Immigration Law).
- Won Primary custody for a father of his two children under the age of 10 through 4 days of determined advocacy in trial (Family Law).
- Won a Dismissal of Charges of Indecent Exposure for a 22-year old man after defending the gentleman at a jury trial and obtaining a divided jury (8-4 in favor of acquittal) and convincing the DA that an outright acquittal was likely at a retrial (Criminal Law).